Public Health DEPARTMENT
Westbrook Health Department conducted bathing water sampling and testing on Monday July 26th, 2021 at the Westbrook Town Beach (West Beach).The samples were well below the bacterial action levels set by the State of Connecticut. Bathing water sampling at the Westbrook Town Beach (West Beach) will continue throughout the summer.
Mask update Effective Wednesday may 19th, 2021:
5/20/2021 Governor Lamont's Executive Order No 12 regarding Masks, Click Here
5/13/2021 CDC updates their guidance for Fully Vaccinated People! Click Here!
** Connecticut residents who are homebound and physically unable to go to a vaccine clinic should complete this State of Connecticut Homebound Intake Form, Click Here **
State of Connecticut COVID-19 VACCINATION Updates: Click Here
HOW TO SCHEDULE
|1. Click Here to Find a Vaccine Clinic in and near Westbrook|
|2. Schedule on the phone by calling the CT COVID Vaccine Appointment Assist Line at: 877-918-2224|
|3. These nearby healthcare providers are offering the COVID-19 Vaccine:|
|4. Schedule through the online Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS):|
COVID-19 - Town of Westbrook
Total # of COVID-19 Cases Among Westbrook Residents Since Beginning of Pandemic
Total # of Positive Tests Within the Past 14 Days
For the State of Connecticut Daily COVID-19 Report, Click Here
--COVID-19 Testing Locations: Click Here
--Quarantine Guidance: Click Here
--What To Do If You Are Sick: Click Here
--When You Can Be Around Others After You Had or Likely Had COVID-19: Click Here
- Your Guide To Masks: Click Here
- How To Wear Masks: Click Here
- How To Store and Wash Masks: Click Here
- How to Make Masks: Click Here
- For an instructional video by the United States Surgeon General on how to make your own mask: Click Here
Is your child or teen feeling stressed about COVID-19?
There are many things you can do to support your child during this time:
- Take time to talk with them about COVID-19.
- Reassure your child and that it‘s normal to be upset.
- Reassure your child that they are safe.
- Try to keep up with a regular routine, including sleep and structured learning.
- Connect with friends and family through phone, text, or email.
To view more tips on how to support your child or teen, Click Here
Do you know of a Senior that requires help getting food and/or other basic necessities?
Please contact the Westbrook Senior Center: Phone: 860-399-2029 Email: CBurks@WestbrookCT.us
Do you have friends or family who need COVID-19 information in a different language?
CDC’s COVID-19 website has options in Spanish, simplified Chinese, Vietnamese, and Korean. Be sure to click the other language tabs near the top of the page here: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
Do you or someone you know communicate using American Sign Language (ASL) ?
Visit CDC’s YouTube channel to watch ASL videos on Social Distancing, Doing Your Part to Slow the Spread, Managing Stress and Anxiety, and more.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) website, Click Here
- State of Connecticut Coronavirus website, Click Here
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the State of CT’s Actions Related to COVID-19, Click Here
- Cases of COVID-19 in Connecticut by Town, Click Here
- Travel Advisories from the US Department of State, Click Here
- Food Programs & Services, Click Here and/or Here
- Stress & Coping, Click Here
- Pregnancy & Breastfeeding FAQs, Click Here
Like and Follow the Westbrook Health Department Facebook
News and Press Releases from your Public Health Department.
Find various forms from the Public Health Department, including daycare, pool, and salon forms.
Browse a collection of information about a variety of health topics, including, lead, radon, and private drinking water wells.
Vectors are living organisms that can transmit infectious diseases between humans or from animals to humans. Many of these vectors are bloodsucking insects, which ingest disease-producing microorganisms during a blood meal from an infected host (human or animal) and later inject it into a new host during their subsequent blood meal.
Information about septic systems
PUBLIC HEALTH NEWS RELEASE
- 6.10.2021 Save The Sound 2021 Beach Report.pdf
- 6.10.2021 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 5.19.2021 CT DPH New Mask Guidance.pdf
- 5.18.2021 CT Executive Order No 12.pdf
- 5.13.2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 4.29.2021 COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 3.27.2021 DPH COVID-19 Public Health Alert.pdf
- 3.25.2021 COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 3.19.2021 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 3.11.2021 State of CT COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 3.9.2021 CDC Fully Vaccinated Public Health Guidance.pdf
- 3.1.2021 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 2.24.2021 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 2.12.2021 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 2.9.2021 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 1.12.2021 PHA and Vaccine Update.pdf
- 1.7.2021 State of CT COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 12.17.2020 CDC Public Health Advisory Opioids.pdf
- 11.12.2020 Public Health Alert.pdf
- 11.12.2020 State of CT COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 10.23.2020 Drive Thru Flu Clinic.pdf
- 9.11.2020 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 8.30.2020 State of CT COVID-19 Report.pdf
- 8.28.2020 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 6.29.2020 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 6.25.20 Guidelines for Private Well Users in times of Drought or Low Precipitation.pdf
- 6.18.20 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 6.18.20 CT COVID-19 Testing FAQ.pdf
- 6.11.2020 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 6.1.2020 CTDPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 5.25.2020 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 4.24.20 Letter to Parents-Legal Guardians.pdf
- 4.17.2020 Governor Lamont's Executive Order 7BB - Masks-Face Coverings Required.pdf
- 4.9.2020 Press Release - COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 4.3.2020 Press Release - Five Positive COVID-19 Cases Among Westbrook Residents.pdf
- 3.28.2020 Press Release - Second Positive COVID-19 Case in Westbrook.pdf
- 3.27.2020 Press Release - First Positive COVID-19 Case in Westbrook.pdf
- 3.23.2020 Governor Lamont's Executive Order 7K.pdf
- 9.11.19 DPH Advises CT Residents to Take Precautions to Avoid EEE 003.doc
- 9.5.19 DPH Reports Three Additional Cases of Severe Lung Disease
- 09.05.2019 DPH Press Release Risk of Mosquito-Borne Diseases Continues
- 8.27.19 DPH CAUTIONS STATE RESIDENTS TO TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTION
- 8.21.19 DPH Investigating Cases of Severe Respiratory Symptoms
The Town of Westbrook Health Department is a full time, local public health department, providing essential services to Westbrook residents, visitors, businesses, and the environment.
What we do: Enforce the CT Public Health Code, Public health education, Food establishment inspections, Septic system reviews and inspections, Daycare inspections, Salon and barbershop inspections, Private well review and approvals, Beach water testing, Public pool inspections, Environmental investigations, Public health complaints, and more.