Public Works

Storm Water Information

Stormwater is defined as water that originates during precipitation events (i.e. rain or snow), or water that originates with snowmelt, which enters the storm water system (catch basins, piping, etc.). 

Stormwater that does not soak into the ground becomes surface runoff, which either flows directly into surface waterways or is channeled into storm sewers, and eventually discharge to surface waters.

Learn more about stormwater management in Westbrook.

Road Construction Permits

Road construction permits are issued through the Public Works Department, and carry a fee of $25 (check or cash only). 

Please submit the application (PDF) at the Town Garage (185 Horse Hill Road), along with a current Certificate of Insurance.

Transfer Station

The First Selectman's office is no longer issuing passes or stickers for the transfer Station. Westbrook residents may use the site by showing one of the following at the gate:

  • Mail
  • Valid driver's license
  • Tax bill


For fee information, please call ahead at 860-399-6356.

Please be advised Transfer Station Operator will determine all construction/demolition fees based on weight, at a rate of $5 per 100 pounds.

  • For residents there is no fee and no parking pass needed at the gate but you must show a valid driver's license, mail, or tax bill.