Dear Westbrook Senior Center Participants,
A year ago this month (if you can believe it), we were directed by the Governor to shut the doors to the Senior Center and pause our daily routine as we knew it. Now, as all of you are aware, the DPH and the State of Connecticut started vaccinating Senior Citizens for COVID-19 on January 18, 2021. For many, the process for vaccine registration was difficult and frustrating; but as of March 1, over 75% of Seniors in our area have received their first COVID-19 vaccine dose! With so many seniors getting vaccinated and the State’s decreasing COVID positivity rate, I will be working with Zachary Faiella-Town of Westbrook Health Director to develop a re-opening plan for the Westbrook Senior Center.
When re-opening the Senior Center, a lot of factors have to be considered. This is why we have not yet released a date. When we are ready to open, all of you will receive notice of the date and guidelines for program participation. The guidelines will explain all of the changes to programs, changes to the Center and new rules we have to abide by to remain open.
Although it will be structured differently, our mission is still the same: “to improve the quality of life for Senior Citizens in Westbrook, and our neighboring Shoreline towns and to promote the physical and social well-being of our Senior Community”.
I miss you all and look forward to seeing you soon.
|HOW TO SCHEDULE||WHO SHOULD SCHEDULE||WHEN TO SCHEDULE|
|Schedule on the phone by calling the CT COVID Vaccine Appointment Assist Line at: 877-918-2224 if you are deaf or hard-of hearing call: 7-1-1.
The line will take calls from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m./ 7 days per week and will offer a call-back option when all contact specialists are busy serving other callers. The team will aim to return calls as soon as possible, with the goal of same-day response.
|People 55+ who do not have the ability to schedule an appointment online.||You may schedule now, but please be patient as scheduling an appointment may take time.|
|Schedule through a provider ready for public distribution of vaccine to eligible residents:
Over 100 healthcare providers across the State are offering COVID vaccines. All locations require pre-scheduling and registration – no walk-ins will be allowed.
• Vaccine Clinic Map: Use this to find a vaccination site near you CLICK HERE -This map lists all vaccine clinics near you, their information and how to register for specific clinics.
• Middlesex Health: Location in Middletown Register by Phone at 860-358-7050 or Online https://middlesexhealth.org/patients-and-visitors/coronavirus-information/covid-19-vaccine
•Yale New Haven Health: Several locations across the state: https://www.ynhhs.org/patient-care/covid-19/vaccine/get-your-covid-vaccine.aspx or call 833-275-9644
• CVS Pharmacy: now administering the COVID-19 vaccine by appointment only in Putnam, CT, and Waterford, CT. Register by calling: 1-800-679-9691 or by going online: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
• Nutmeg Pharmacy in Centerbrook, Higganum, Moodus, & Taftville: https://www.nutmegpharmacy.com/covid19-vaccine
• UConn Health: Clinic locations in Farmington, CT: https://health.uconn.edu/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/
• Hartford Healthcare: Several locations across the state: https://hartfordhealthcare.org/health-wellness/coronavirus/vaccine
|People 55+||You may schedule now, but please be patient as scheduling an appointment may take time.|
|Schedule through the online Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS):
Please be sure to use Google Chrome as your web browser when visitng the VAMS website. Using internet browsers such as Internet Explorer can cause technical difficulties.
Detailed step-by-step guide on creating an account and scheduling your first appointment in VAMS: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Coronavirus/VAMS-Account-Creation-and-Scheduling-Guide.pdf
Additional FAQ Guide for using VAMS: https://ecsu-bisaitp.org/
|People 55+ who have an email address, and the ability to schedule an appointment online.||You may schedule now, but please be patient as scheduling an appointment may take time.|
Current Updates- March 2021
- Governor Lamont Announces Connecticut Residents Over 65 Can Register for COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments Starting Thursday, February 11 to read the press release click HERE
- Govenor Lamont Annouces CT Residents over 75 Can Now Register for COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments As State Transitions into Phase 1B CLICK HERE TO READ THE PRESS RELEASE
- 9 Town Transit Provides Complimentary COVID Vaccine Transportation CLICK HERE for program details
- For Free Tax Help Information Click Here or call 2-1-1, select option 3 then 6 to set up an in person appointment with a VITA volunteer
"News You Can Use" provided by Senior Resources Agency on Aging. To view current edition click HERE.
- Click HERE to view a Tai Chi Chuan class led by Suzanne Hanley (our Friday Tai Chi instructor)
- Attention Tai Ji Quan- Moving for Better Balance Participants Click HERE to view a Tai Ji Quan session led by Kate! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Live Well With Daibetes - In-Home Version
All you need is a telephone!!
FREE Active Living Everyday Toolkit
FREE Living a Healthy Life Book
FREE Exercise and Relaxation CD
New 6-week workshops starting EVERY month!
Learn More About:
- What to Eat - Foot Care
-Low and High Blood Sugar -Sick Day Guidelines
- Tips for Dealing with Stress
-How to Set Small and Acheiveable Goals
Want more information??
Contact Lori Rygielski, Regional Coordinator today! email@example.com OR 860-887-3561 ext. 127
Sponsored by the Connecticut Department of Public Health, the Department of Aging & Disability Services, and Senior Resources Agency on Aging. An evidence-based self-management program originally developed at Stanford University. This program supported by funds made available for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support under grant DP13-105
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The mission of the Westbrook Senior Center is to improve the quality of life for Senior Citizens of Westbrook and our neighboring shoreline towns.
The Senior Center welcomes citizens 60 years of age or older to participate in our many daily activities directed by staff and volunteers.