Are permits required?

No, the Temporary Certificate for Outdoor Dining (TCOD) is temporary in nature and requires staff review and sign off on the plans submitted.

The TCOD will be reviewed by the Building Official and the Fire Marshal for code compliance if applicable.

All requests for a TCOD will be forwarded to the Westbrook Health Department.

Show All Answers

1. Are permits required?
2. What is the fee?
3. What if we already have an outdoor dining area approved by the Town?
4. Do I need professionally drawn plans for submission?
5. Do I need a permit from Westbrook Health Department?
6. Can I use areas of my parking lot, lawn, or other designated outdoor areas?
7. Am I required to cover my dining area (example tent or table umbrellas)?
8. Can I install tents within temporary dining areas?
9. Can I serve alcohol?
10. How long will my TCOD be valid?
11. Who do I contact for a Temporary Certificate for Outdoor Dining