Today on 08/28/2016
Nothing scheduled for today
Town Hall Hours
Mon - Wed / 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thu / 9:00am - 7:00pm
Fri / 9:00am - Noon
Wednesday, January 1st - New Year's Day
Monday, Janurary 20th - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Monday, February 17th - Pesident's Day
Friday, April 18th - Good Friday
Monday, May 26th - Memorial Day
Friday, July 4th - Independence Day
Monday, September 1st - Labor Day
Monday, October 13th - Columbus Day
Tuesday, November 11th - Veteran's Day
Thursday-Friday, November 27th-28th - Thanksgiving Holiday
Wednesday, December 24th - Christmas Eve Day - Town offices close at 12:00PM (Noon)
Thursday, December 25th - Christmas Day
Friday, December 26th - Floating Holiday
Thursday-Friday, Janurary 1st-2nd 2015 - Floating Holiday
New Emergency Notification System
Welcome to Westbrook, Connecticut USA, a quaint shoreline community nestled on the banks of Long Island Sound between New Haven and New London. Explore our site and plan a visit to enjoy our fresh salt air, sandy beaches, unlimited marine activities.
Relax in a cozy B&B or chill out in a full-featured resort. Poke around our unique shops and meander through our well stocked mall. When you work up an appetite and you will, Westbrook offers everything from fun casual to gourmet fare and everything in between. Something for every palate and pocketbook.
Enjoy Westbrook, a friendly port.
Storm Closings / Meeting Cancellations / Urgent Notices
Town Auction of Surplus Items
The Town of Westbrook is sponsoring a Town Auction on Saturday, September 17, 2016 in the parking lot of the Westbrook Public Works Garage located at 185 Horse Hill Road.
- Please contact Mr. George Pytlik at (860) 304-0990 for time, financial transaction procedures and other related details for the event.
- Please contact Jill Brainerd regarding the various town surplus items for more details at 860-399-3040
2016 PARKING BEACH PASS POLICY TRANSFER STATION
The Town no longer issues stickers for transfer station/beach stickers. You will need to show your ID. One of the following: drivers license (valid), tax bill or mail.
- Residents: FREE No parking pass needed at the gate. You must show a valid driver’s license, mail, or tax bill.
- Non-resident: $20 per vehicle/daily pass only sold at the gate.
- You must come to the town hall to purchase passes for the following:
- Guest Pass- $10 visitors of Westbrook residents.
- Motels- $20 owner must purchase/limited to number of rooms.
- Cottage Rentals-$20 rental agreement required/vehicle registered to renter only.
- Boaters-$30 seasonal slip agreement required/vehicle registration to slip renters only.
- Business-$10 owner must purchase/town reserves the right to limit the number of passes.
- Timeshare Owners-$10 temp pass for the week must show proof of ownership.
Town of Westbrook
Important Notice About Your Motor Vehicle Tax Bills
CT DMV AND MUNICIPALITIES ACROSS THE STATE ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE SOME INCONSISTENCIES AMONG RESIDENTS’ MAILING ADDRESSES AND DOMICILE (TOWN IN WHICH VEHICLE IS GARAGED) ADDRESSES.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED A TAX BILL FROM A TOWN THAT YOU DID NOT RESIDE IN OR GARAGE YOUR VEHICLE IN AS OF OCTOBER 1, 2015, Contact the Tax Assessor to request a transfer to the correct Town/City of residency as of October 1, 2015.
WORKING TOGETHER TO CORRECT THESE DISCREPANCIES WILL HELP TO ELIMINATE OR AT LEAST DECREASE THE WAIT TIME AT THE DMV OFFICES.
IF YOUR REGISTRATION IS DUE TO EXPIRE WITHIN 60 DAYS (OR HAS ALREADY EXPIRED) AND YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RENEWAL NOTIFICATION YOU MUST CONTACT THE DMV. IF YOU ARE BEING REPORTED WITH A TAX (OR OTHER) COMPLIANCE IN A TOWN YOU NEVER LIVED IN, YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE TOWN REPORTING THE COMPLIANCE.
CHECK OUT THE DMV WEB SITE AT www.ct.gov/dmv/online FOR RENEWING A REGISTRATION, CANCELLING PLATES, VERIFYING YOUR RENEWAL STATUS AFTER PAYMENT OF DELINQUENT TAXES and MUCH MORE.
July 7, 2016
Ordinance to Amend the Code of the Town of Westbrook Blight
Download the full attachement for details
Dog Ordinance Update
Please download the attached PDF to learn more about the updated dog ordinance.
Download the Updated Dog Ordinance
Westbrook Offers Discounted Prescription Drug Program
The Town of Westbrook, through its association with the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities (CCM), the statewide association of towns and cities, is now providing a prescription discount card that will provide uninsured and underinsured residents steep savings on prescription medicines. Westbrook is a member of CCM and this new program is only available to CCM member communities.
Download the Press Release