Westbrook, Connecticut
faq    |    site map   |   feedback
Home Town Departments Town Services Visit Westbrook Contact Us
Welome to WestbrookThe Singing Bridge - Photo by Rich HoltonTown Hall Rear Entrance - Photo by Rich HoltonPatchaug River - Photo by Rich HoltonTown Hall - Front - Photo by Rich Holton
 ::: WESTBROOK, CT :::

Connecticut DEP Homepage

Town Hall Hours
Monday - Wednesday  9am – 4pm Thursday 9am - 7:00pm
Friday 9am – Noon

H1N1 Questions?


Take our Web Survey
Tell us how we're doing.



The Town Hall will close at 4pm on Thursday, April 17, 2014 and will be closed Friday, April 18th. Please post a notice of these closings on the Town Clerk\'s page on the website.

Town Clerk Office Contacts

860-399-3044 Main Number

Town Clerk, Joan S. Angelini     ext 118

 email: jangelini@westbrookct.us 

Assistant Town Clerk, Deborah B. DeCristoforo, ext. 133

email ddecristoforo@westbrookct.us

Town Clerk's Office Hours:
Mon. - Wed. 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thurs. 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Fri. 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
   866 Boston Post Road.
   Westbrook, CT 06498
    Phone:(860) 399-3044


Connecticut Town Clerks Portal - indexed information for land and other recorded information. Click HERE.

Click HERE for an application for an absentee ballot.

Applications must be filled out and returned to the Town Clerk's office in order for a voter to receive an absentee ballot by November 1st.

Notice to all Sportsmen / Hunters regarding DUCK STAMP for 2010 and 2011.

In April 2010, the State Legislature made changes to the CT DUCK STAMP. The duck stamp will now be valid on a calendar year basis, not the traditional July 1-June 30 date. To implement this change, the 2010-2011 duck stamp will be valid from 07/01/2010 - 12/31/2011. Starting in 2012, duck stamp hunting privileges will be for calendar year January 1 through December 31. The cost of the stamp will remain at $13.00.

Hunters will be required to carry a copy of the their 2010 and 2011 hunting license with them when hunting duck after 1/1/2011.

The Town Clerk’s Office is able to reprint a copy of your 2010 license at any time during 2011.
You will also have the capability to reprint your own license from the internet licensing site.

The DEP website is www.ct.gov/dep/hunting

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at 860-399-3044 or DEP at 860-424-3105.

Joan S. Angelini, Westbrook Town Clerk
August 27, 2010
The new state budget bill decreasing fees charged for licenses and permits has been signed by the Governor and is effective immediately.  For more information on the list of  fees and changes, visit the CT - DEP website or contact Joan Angelini in the Town Clerk’s Office at (860) 399-3044.  The cost for resident fishing (fresh water) license is now $28.00

Click HERE to visit the Connecticut Town Clerks Association Website

Click HERE for PA 09-144 Registrant Form

Click HERE for 2009 DEP License and Permit Fees.

Town Ordinances

Click HERE to review our town ordinances.


All recordings are taken in up to 30 minutes prior to closing.

Vital Records

Vital Records such as births, deaths and marriages are kept in the town clerk’s office and certified copies may be purchased.

Marriage Licenses
  • The cost for a marriage license is $30.00  Certified copies are recommended for name changes or insurance changes and those are $20.00 each.
  • Both parties to the marriage must appear in person before the registrar and apply for the license; however, they need not both appear at the same time.  The license must be dated, signed and sworn to by each applicant.  Requirements  are a completed marriage license application which is completed when you come into town clerk’s office along with required  photo identification, preferably a driver’s license with a photo and signature or a passport.  The entire process takes about 30 minutes and there is no waiting period for obtaining the marriage license.  Also, there are no blood tests required in Connecticut.
  • When a marriage license is issued, it is valid for 65 days. Anyone being married in Westbrook must obtain their marriage license in our Westbrook office.
  • We have a list of Justices of the Peace that are available to the public
  • Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact myself or my staff.  
  • Marriage licenses and certified copies are paid for at the time of application and can be done with either cash or a personal check.
Click here for a list of Justices of the Peace

Dog Licenses
Dog Licenses are purchased through the Town Clerk's office.

·         Every dog, except dogs kept under a kennel license as provided in 22-342 of the Connecticut General Statutes, must be licensed when it becomes six months old and then annually in June.  Licenses run from June 30 of current year to July 1st of next year.  Licenses are issued by the Town Clerk’s office.

·       Fees for the licenses are as follows:

        Neutered male/spayed female - $8.00

        For unaltered males/unsprayed female - $19.00  

·         These fees are broken down and most of the money is forwarded to the Animal Population Control fund, the state and town Clerk Fee is $1.00 per license.

·         A penalty of $1.00 per month or fraction of a month is charged when an owner fails to license a dog when it becomes six months old.  However, no penalty is charged if an owner presents certain proof of new ownership.

·         Proof of rabies vaccination is required when registering new licenses.  For renewals, if the rabies vaccination has expired, a new certificate and tag number must be provided at time of renewal.

Sport Licenses and permits are available through the Town Clerk's office.
Land record information, vital statistics records and election information, as well as board and commission meeting agendas and minutes are filled through this office. Please call if you have general or specific information requests.
If you were living in Westbrook at the time of your birth, the birth certificate will be on file in the Town Clerk's office. Since birth records in Connecticut are closed records, identification must be presented and the proper paperwork completed.
Click here for an application for a birth record.
Absentee Ballots

There can be many questions regarding absentee ballots. All questions regarding absentee ballots need to be directed to the Town Clerk€™s Office. Applications need to be completed by the voter before ballots can be issued to voters. Applications are available from the Town Clerk as well as the Secretary of the State.

Ballots for local Referendum questions are also available from the Town Clerk€™s office. If you are a real estate or personal property owner, which property is assessed for at least $1,000.00, you may vote in the referenda. Registered voters and/or property owners must obtain absentee ballot applications from the Town Clerk€™s office. Applications must be completed and signed before they are submitted to the Town Clerk. People who are owners of property only, must complete a second form for the Assessor, which proves that their property is assessed for at least $1,000.00 and that the property is not owned by a trust or business.
Click here for the Assessors Certificate

Please Note
The Assessors Document is in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). You will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader to view and print the form
Click here to download Adobe© Acrobat© Reader