Westbrook Health Department
Follow the Westbrook Health Department Facebook Page for Public Health News and Updates
6/18/2022 COVID-19 Vaccine Recommended for Children 6 months to 5 Years Old
6/14/2022 CDC Update on Monkeypox: Click Here
Find a COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic HERE
March 29, 2022 - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its recommendations to allow a second booster dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for older people and certain immunocompromised individuals. More information about booster dose recommendations is available HERE.
This now makes a second booster dose of these vaccines available to other populations at higher risk for severe disease, hospitalization and death. During the recent Omicron surge, those who were boosted were 21 times less likely to die from COVID-19 compared to those who were unvaccinated, and seven times less likely to be hospitalized. Individuals who are eligible for this booster are encouraged to visit ct.gov/covidvaccine to locate a site near them. Nearly 800 locations are available to administer boosters with more than adequate supply of vaccine available.
Homebound Residents who cannot leave their home and need their COVID-19 vaccine:
Online: Fill out the State of CT Homebound Vaccine Intake Form: https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov/homebound
Email: DPH.CovidVaxHomeBound@ct.gov with personal information (name, DOB, address, phone #, email)
Free COVID Self-Test Kits Delivered by the US Postal Service:
To Place Your Order: Click Here or Call 1-800-232-0233
COVID-19 Self Test Kits and Adult Sized N95 Masks are Available in the First Selectman’s Office During Westbrook Town Hall Business Hours
COVID-19 Test Kit Expiration Update
~ ~ State of CT Daily COVID-19 Report with Town-By-Town Data: Click Here
~~ COVID-19 TESTING Locations: Click Here
~ ~ Vaccine Information: Click Here
~ ~ Quarantine and Isolation Guidance: Click Here
~ ~ If You Need Proof Of Your Vaccinations: Click Here
Do you know of a Senior that requires help getting food and/or other basic necessities?
If so, please contact the Westbrook Senior Center
Prevent Child Hood Lead Exposure!
News and Press Releases from your Public Health Department.
Find various forms from the Public Health Department, including daycare, pool, and salon forms.
Browse a collection of information about a variety of health topics, including, lead, radon, and private drinking water wells.
Vectors are living organisms that can transmit infectious diseases between humans or from animals to humans. Many of these vectors are bloodsucking insects, which ingest disease-producing microorganisms during a blood meal from an infected host (human or animal) and later inject it into a new host during their subsequent blood meal.
Information about septic systems
PUBLIC HEALTH NEWS RELEASE
- 5.13.2022 CT DPH News Release on CDC COVID-19 County Levels.pdf
- 11.2.2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Available to Children 5-11.pdf
- 9.24.2021 CDC Booster Dose Recommendations.pdf
- 9.9.2021 Governor Lamont and Public Health Commissioner Gifford Express Concern Over COVID-19 Outbreaks.pdf
- 9.1.2021 CT DPH West Nile Virus.pdf
- 8.15.2021 CT DPH Health Alert.pdf
- 8.2.2021 CT DPH Health Alert and CDC Recomendations.pdf
- 6.10.2021 Save The Sound 2021 Beach Report.pdf
- 6.10.2021 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 5.19.2021 CT DPH New Mask Guidance.pdf
- 5.18.2021 CT Executive Order No 12.pdf
- 5.13.2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 4.29.2021 COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 3.27.2021 DPH COVID-19 Public Health Alert.pdf
- 3.25.2021 COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 3.19.2021 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 3.11.2021 State of CT COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 3.9.2021 CDC Fully Vaccinated Public Health Guidance.pdf
- 3.1.2021 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 2.24.2021 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 2.12.2021 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 2.9.2021 Vaccine Update.pdf
- 1.12.2021 PHA and Vaccine Update.pdf
- 1.7.2021 State of CT COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 12.17.2020 CDC Public Health Advisory Opioids.pdf
- 11.12.2020 Public Health Alert.pdf
- 11.12.2020 State of CT COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 10.23.2020 Drive Thru Flu Clinic.pdf
- 9.11.2020 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 8.30.2020 State of CT COVID-19 Report.pdf
- 8.28.2020 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 6.29.2020 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 6.25.20 Guidelines for Private Well Users in times of Drought or Low Precipitation.pdf
- 6.18.20 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 6.18.20 CT COVID-19 Testing FAQ.pdf
- 6.11.2020 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 6.1.2020 CTDPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 5.25.2020 CT DPH COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 4.24.20 Letter to Parents-Legal Guardians.pdf
- 4.17.2020 Governor Lamont's Executive Order 7BB - Masks-Face Coverings Required.pdf
- 4.9.2020 Press Release - COVID-19 Update.pdf
- 4.3.2020 Press Release - Five Positive COVID-19 Cases Among Westbrook Residents.pdf
- 3.28.2020 Press Release - Second Positive COVID-19 Case in Westbrook.pdf
- 3.27.2020 Press Release - First Positive COVID-19 Case in Westbrook.pdf
- 3.23.2020 Governor Lamont's Executive Order 7K.pdf
- 9.11.19 DPH Advises CT Residents to Take Precautions to Avoid EEE 003.doc
- 9.5.19 DPH Reports Three Additional Cases of Severe Lung Disease
- 09.05.2019 DPH Press Release Risk of Mosquito-Borne Diseases Continues
- 8.27.19 DPH CAUTIONS STATE RESIDENTS TO TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTION
- 8.21.19 DPH Investigating Cases of Severe Respiratory Symptoms
The Town of Westbrook Health Department is a full time, local public health department, providing essential services to Westbrook residents, visitors, businesses, and the environment.
What we do: Enforce the CT Public Health Code, Public health education, Food establishment inspections, Septic system reviews and inspections, Daycare inspections, Salon and barbershop inspections, Private well review and approvals, Beach water testing, Public pool inspections, Environmental investigations, Public health complaints, and more.