- Town Clerk's Office
Town Clerk's Office
HOURS OF SERVICE FOR THE WESTBROOK TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE
The Town Clerk's Office business hours are listed below.
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 9:00 am to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 9:00 am to 7:00 p.m. and
- Fridays 9:am to 12:00 noon.
All recordings are processed the day received, up to 30 minutes prior to closing. Documents received after that time will be recorded the following business day.
Check out the Resources/Forms Tab to find a worksheet for certified copies of vital records and applications for marriage licenses. Both require a copy of your photo ID.
MARRIAGE LICENSE INFORMATION Marriage licenses are issued during the days and time periods listed below:
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 9:30 am and 3:30 p.m.
- Thursdays between 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
BEFORE coming into the office, please download and complete the marriage license application and email it to the Town Clerk's Office (see email addresses to the right side of this webpage). Upon receipt of your completed application, we will contact you to review your worksheet and then identify a time you'd like to come in during the days and times listed above.
RECORDINGS ON LAND RECORDS: Land Records can be found at
and copies of maps may be requested by calling this office or sending an email with the map number.
Please come to see us and we can help you with the following:
- Recording documents related to real estate transactions
- Release liens and Mortgages related to your Westbrook property
- Filing of Maps for your property
- Search titles of properties
- Issue Marriage Licenses for couples who wish to marry in Westbrook
- Issue and renew Dog Licenses
- Issue Liquor Permits and Trade Name Certification
- File Death Certificates
- Obtain certified copies of Marriages, Births and Deaths
- Issue Absentee Ballots for all state and local elections
- IF you need to file or get a copy of a Waters Edge Timeshare Deed
Dog Ordinance Update
For information on the updated dog ordinance, please view the Updated Dog Ordinance (PDF).
You may also call us at 860-399-3044, or email the Town Clerk for any additional questions or information you may need.
The Town Clerk’s Office is often the first point of contact for people coming into Mulvey Municipal Center (866 Boston Post Road). We are here to assist you and we are committed to providing a high level of customer service to everyone who comes to this office.
Town Meeting AGENDAS & MINUTES
Town Meeting Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes will become available following their approval.