Public Plots to adopt
Throughout town there are small public plots under signposts, at intersections, and around public buildings, that are waiting for your gardening talents to make them more beautiful.
To get started, all you need to do is:
- If you pick a spot that needs planting, we need you to submit a plan for approval with your application.
- Find a spot you'd like to adopt
- Read the guidelines
- Complete an Adopt-a-Spot Application (PDF)
- Submit your signed application to
Westbrook Land Use Office
866 Boston Post Road
Westbrook, CT 06498
After Submitting Your Application
An Adopt-A-Spot team member will contact you to confirm your adopted spot and after you are able to:
- Admire a sign recognizing your valued work after several weeks.
- If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please use the link to the right of this page to contact the manager for Adopt-A-Spot.
- Pull the first weed or dig your first hole for a new plant in your adopted spot.
Thanks for making Westbrook a better place to live and work.