- The CT Summer Meals Program has Begun! This program is federally funded by the USDA and state-administered by the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE). The program provides free, nutritious meals to kids during summer break. Summer Meals meet federal nutrition guidelines and are composed of milk, fruits, vegetables, grains, and meat or another protein. Summer Meals are offered at hundreds of sites around the state from June to late August, serving combinations of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Meals are free to any child age 18-and-under, no questions asked. Click HERE to find a meal site near you!
- Farmers Market Season is Here! Click the tab to the left to learn more about the Farmers Market Nutrition Program for Seniors.
- The Town of Westbrook will be accepting applications for the State of Connecticut’s Renter’s Tax Relief (Renters’ Rebate) Program. Applications will be accepted between April 1 and October 1, 2023.This program provides a one-time yearly reimbursement for CT renters based on income, rent and utilities that were paid from the previous year (2022). Click on the Elderly and Disabled Renter Rebate tab to the left to learn more.
- Thanks to a grant from the Westbrook Foundation, we are offering Medical Transportation to low income seniors and low income disabled residents. Contact us for transportation requests.
- Online Purchasing of Food with SNAP Benefits: Click here
for information/ FAQs.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Can you or someone you know become a volunteer to help a neighbor with household chores, yard work, companionship, or transportation? Just one hour a week or even a month, at your convenience, will make a huge difference!
UR Community Cares pairs willing volunteers with elderly and disabled people within Westbrook.
Visit the digital platform to sign up and help a neighbor in UR community:
The Town of Westbrook Social Services Department develops and maintains a coordinated system of social services for the residents of the Town of Westbrook, Ct.
Our staff provides advocacy, information, referral and support services to adults, families, elderly and disabled residents.
The Department serves as a key link between the serving agencies and residents. The staff also assists clients in completing a variety of assistance applications for different state, federal and private programs.
To provide adequate time to discuss your concerns, we request that you call our office to schedule an appointment. You may need to bring proof of residency and/or proof of income.
The Westbrook Social Services Department serves as a general referral source for essential services for Westbrook residents.
- Single men and women
Clients are assessed for eligible services and assisted with the completion of applications for State and Federal programs or referred to the appropriate agency (including, but not limited to) the following services:
Medicare Savings Plan (MSP)
SNAP (Food Stamps)
Intake site for CEAP/CHAP State Energy Assistance (CRT-Operation Fuel -Eversource)
Homelessness Prevention Fund
Emergency Town Food Pantry
Care 4 Kids
Campership programs for children
Husky - healthcare for children
Shoreline Soup Kitchens and Pantry
Medicaid (Title 19)
OPM Renters Rebate program
Saga (State General Assistance)
Salvation Army - Service Unit Extension
Soldiers', Sailors', and Marines' Fund
Warm the Children
Municipal Agent for the Elderly
Back to School Programs
Veteran Service Officer
Information, Advocacy and Referrals
Eversource - Utility Low Budget Worksheets, New Start and Matching Payment Programs
HES-IE – Free Home Weatherization Programs