- AARP Update on Scams this Holiday Season: Click Here
- CT SNAP Households May Qualify for Food Replacement Benefits Following Storm Power Outages: Did your SNAP household experience food loss during the recent storm? If so, you might qualify for food replacement benefits. There are two forms that you will need to fill out in order to demonstrate proof of food loss. You can access both forms in English and Spanish here: www.endhungerct.org/SNAP. The deadline to apply is September 3rd.
- For those in need of assistance with unemployment claims: The DOL announced new phones numbers for this type of assistance:*Hours of operation are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. 860-967-0493 203-941-6868 Toll Free: 800-956-3294
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Phase 2a Applications Now Open:
The CT Department of Labor (DOL) is now accepting applications for “Phase 2a” of the PUA program.
PUA is intended for those who are not eligible for, or have exhausted entitlement to, state and federal benefits. Federal guidelines require that applicants are determined ineligible for state benefits before applying for PUA.Click here
for more information
In an effort to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus Social Services continues to supply masks to those residents in need. Over the last month we have coordinated a program of very generous people donating their time and materials to construct homemade masks as well as working with the Middlesex United Way, Old Saybrook Rotary and the Westbrook VNA on this project. To date we have collected over 400 masks and given away over 300. Please call Social Services at 860-399-3090 for pick up or if you or someone you know would like to donate masks.
- Online Purchasing of Food with SNAP Benefits: Click here
for information/ FAQs.
- Pet Food Pantry:
Westbrook Social Services has received donations of cat and dog food to help you care for your pets. If you are low-income and need help with dog and cat food, please reach out to us!
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Town of Westbrook Social Services Department develops and maintains a coordinated system of social services for the residents of the Town of Westbrook, Ct.
Our staff provides advocacy, information, referral and support services to adults, families, elderly and disabled residents.
The Department serves as a key link between the serving agencies and residents. The staff also assists clients in completing a variety of assistance applications for different state, federal and private programs.
To provide adequate time to discuss your concerns, we request that you call our office to schedule an appointment. You may need to bring proof of residency and/or proof of income.
The Westbrook Social Services Department serves as a general referral source for essential services for Westbrook residents.
- Single men and women
Clients are assessed for eligible services and assisted with the completion of applications for State and Federal programs or referred to the appropriate agency (including, but not limited to) the following services:
Medicare Savings Plan (MSP)
SNAP (Food Stamps)
Intake site for CEAP/CHAP State Energy Assistance (CRT-Operation Fuel -Eversource)
Homelessness Prevention Fund
Emergency Town Food Pantry
Care 4 Kids
Campership programs for children
Husky - healthcare for children
Shoreline Soup Kitchens and Pantry
Medicaid (Title 19)
OPM Renters Rebate program
Saga (State General Assistance)
Salvation Army - Service Unit Extension
Soldiers', Sailors', and Marines' Fund
Warm the Children
Municipal Agent for the Elderly
Back to School Programs
Veteran Service Officer
Information, Advocacy and Referrals
Eversource - Utility Low Budget Worksheets, New Start and Matching Payment Programs
HES-IE – Free Home Weatherization Programs