Water Pollution Control
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Westbrook Water Pollution Control Commission (WPCC) was established on June 21, 1981, and is governed by Connecticut General Statutes Chapter 103, Section 7-245.
All Westbrook properties are served by on-site sewage disposal systems (septic systems). The WPCC has adopted a Sewer Avoidance Plan to manage and regulate on-site sewage disposal systems, an ordinance was passed in 2006 to implement that plan through the oversight of the Westbrook Health Department.
One of the most important requirements of the ordinance is that all septic systems in Westbrook must be pumped and inspected every five years.
Servicing Septic System
Please service your septic system once every five years. If your tank is less than 1,000 gallons or you have a garbage disposal you may need to service your septic system more frequently.
- 2017 Household Hazardous Waste Schedule (PDF)
- Drips, Trickles, Streams, and Preventing Costly Repairs (PDF)
- Home Buyers Guide (PDF)
- Home Buyers Guide_DPH
- New Requirement Secondary Safety Lids for Septic Tanks (PDF)
- Pay Me Now, or Pay Me Later A Cautionary Tale for Septic System Owners (PDF)
- Septic Systems 101 (PDF)
- Sewage Back Up Fact Sheet (PDF)