News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/22/2020 10:10:00 AM to 9/10/2020 3:36:39 PM.
Happenings in Westbrook
Posted on: May 14, 2020
[ARCHIVED] West Beach Parking lot to be open daily to residents, beginning Friday, May 15, 2020
Committee recommends the following:
- Beaches have been and will remain open to the public.
- West Beach Parking lot to be open daily, beginning Friday, May 15, 2020 from 8:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. for WESTBROOK residents ONLY.
- Proof of residency will be required:
- Tax Bill
- A piece of mail with Westbrook address
- Drivers License (photo ID) will be “matched” with tax bill and mail
- Park & Rec Staff will distribute flyers clearly stating the rules; i.e. social distancing, groupings of 5 individuals or less, etc.
- Appropriate signage that clearly states the rules will be installed.
- The bathroom facilities will be cleaned/disinfected hourly. Additional staff will be hired to clean/disinfect the bathroom facilities. (FEMA reimbursement).
- Constable/Trooper will be present to address enforcement issues for the entire beach area (stone jetty to Elk’s Club).
- Information regarding Town Beach will be distributed via social media, town website, Harbor News and other media outlets as appropriate.
- Mr. Annello, Hog Wild, will be appraised of rules/regulations.
- His customers will be allowed to access concession stand, as non-residents. They will have a limited to time to consume their food and then will be directed to vacate the beach.
- Committee reserves the right to re-visit any and all conditions of re-opening the parking lot with the approval of the BOS and per the Governor’s Executive Orders.